Beside Still Water aired August 14 on Freeform.
- “When am I ever not careful?” – Jace Herondale
- “Angels would never be in favor of killing millions of innocent downworlders along with demons.” – Clary Fairchild
- “You gonna be okay?” “I’m the High Warlock of Brooklyn.” – Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane
- “I’m so sorry, Clary. I love you.” – Jace Herondale
- “He’s dead.” – Alec Lightwood
- “Clarissa, I’m sorry. The two of you together are too dangerous.” – Valentine Morgenstern
- “You’ve never loved anyone but yourself.” – Clary Fairchild
- “Raziel, hear me. I call upon the mortal instruments and summon you into the mortal realm.” – Valentine Morgenstern
- “You may compel me to one action, Clarissa Morgenstern. What is it that you ask?” – Angel Raziel
- “Bring Jace back. Please.” – Clary Fairchild
- “You could’ve had anything else in the world. And you chose me.” – Jace Herondale
- “Bringing people back—there’s always a consequence.” – Jace Herondale
- “Deep down, I’ve always wanted a sister.” “Me, too.” – Isabelle Lightwood and Clary Fairchild.
- “You do realize this party would’ve been a funeral if not for you.” – Simon Lewis
- “I don’t think I can live without you.” – Alec Lightwood
- “A wise man once told me: relationships take effort.” – Magnus Bane
We now have the song list from tonight’s heartbreaking Shadowhunters summer finale, Beside Still Water, courtesy the show’s music supervisor, Lindsay Wolfington. Follow her on Twitter here.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Katherine McNamara talked Jace and Clary, Clary’s relationship with Jonathan and Valentine, and more, in light of the summer finale of Shadowhunters tonight.
“The exciting thing about Clary and Jace right now is that for the first time in the series, they’re both in a place where they’re open to the possibility of a relationship and they’re open to exploring what this connection between them really is,” McNamara says. “Up until this point, one of them has either been suppressing feelings or running from them — one thing or another has been in their way and now they have this opportunity. Despite the impending doom and the other prevalent issues that need to be dealt with, they’re finding that their connection is extremely powerful and you saw that in that scene in the courtyard when they were tracking Jonathan. There is a power in their connection, there is a power in their emotions for each other that goes beyond any attraction, it goes beyond any flirtation. It’s truly a spiritual thing and there’s a power in that that we will see play into their attempts to defeat Valentine and the Seelie Queen.”
Read the full story here.
Hail and Farewell aired August 7 on Freeform.
- “We’re going to make them pay for everything.” – Clary Fairchild
- “Me and my wolves will die trying.” “Please don’t.” – Luke Graymark and Clary Fairchild
- “Our worlds, turned against each other, it’s not quite how I pictured our paths would cross again.” – Raphael Santiago
- “Because she’s the Beta wolf. And everyone knows when the Alpha’s not around, the Beta’s in charge. Come on, everyone knows this man. I mean, how long have you been a werewolf?” – Simon Lewis
- “There’s no job that’s too big.” “I need you to talk to the Seelie Queen.” “That job is too big.” – Simon Lewis and Clary Fairchild
- “Our kind only rallies for birthdays and funerals.” – Catarina Loss
- “You’ve refused me twice now. No one in my very long life has ever dared do such a thing.” – Seelie Queen
- “Blondie moves like a demon.” – Maia Roberts
- “You, Jonathan Morgenstern, are brilliant. And as cunning and vicious as I have ever hoped for.” – Valentine Morgenstern
- “You care to find out who’s the best JC once and for all?” – Jace Herondale
Freeform has released two sneak peeks from summer finale, Beside Still Water (220). Check them out below.
Beside Still Water airs August 14 at 8/7c.