The rumors had been floating online about this one for a while. Freeform has officially confirmed that English/Australian actor Luke Baines is now playing the role of Jonathan Morgenstern in Shadowhunters 3b.
Jonathan is finally shedding the identity of Sebastian Verlac (played by Will Tudor) and we get to see him in the remaining episodes of the season.
Here’s Luke introducing himself to the SH fam:
Katherine McNamara and Dominic Sherwood too reacted to the news on their Twitter accounts.
Shadowhunters will wrap up in spring of 2019 with 12 more episodes, although a strong #SaveShadowhunters campaign is currently underway on social media and in the offline world.
What Lies Beneath aired April 4.
- “I think the owl is Jonathan.” – Jace Herondale
- “We just got a fire message from mom, saying she’s “dropping by” for an impromptu “family dinner”.” – Isabelle Lightwood
- “I am charming.” – Magnus Bane
- “Whenever you were feeling down, he’d sneak you up to the roof and point at all the stars. And he said…” “They’re the same stars in Mexico.” – Raphael Santiago and Rosa
- “It’s not easy to find something cute that can accommodate a weapon.” – Clary Fairchild
- “Cooking is an art, not science.” “If that were true, there wouldn’t be instructions.” – Magnus Bane and Alec Lightwood
- “My boys!” “I’m far from being a boy but I appreciate the sentiment.” “My apologies. I should respect my elders.” – Maryse Lightwood and Magnus Bane
- “There are worse things than being locked out of the Seelie Realm and getting drenched.” – Maia Roberts
- “The Clave’s always had its fault. My generation nearly destroyed everything in our passion to fix it. Yours will have to be wiser.” – Maryse Lightwood
- “There it is, the famous Morgenstern swagger. Or is it Wayland? Herondale? Lightwood? It’s hard to keep track of exactly who you are, isn’t it?” – Jonathan Morgenstern
The promo for the next Shadowhunters episode, What Lies Beneath, is now online.
What Lies Beneath airs April 3, 2018.
On Infernal Ground aired March 20 on Freeform.
- “I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters, to take the rune of the Angel. I take this mark to honor him, to bring his light into me, to join the ranks of Shadowhunters, the guardians of peace.” – Clary Fairchild
- “Clary Fairchild, may your heroism be a shining example to all the world.” – Imogen Herondale
- “If the Clave ever found out what we did, they’d lock you in the guard for the rest of your life.” “If I had to do it all over again, I would.” – Jace Herondale and Clary Fairchild
- “I’ve always dreamed of meeting someone like you.” – Alec Lightwood
- “To love is to destroy. Isn’t that what our father always told us?” – Jonathan Morgenstern
- “I learned from my meetings that everyone has a different way of dealing with their cravings. Mine is candy.” – Isabelle Lightwood
- “You don’t choose the blades. The blades choose you.” – Luke Graymark
- “Though you walk in daylight, darkness will follow.” – Seelie Queen
- “I know you’re lying. And now that I know you’re not dead, I’ll give you one chance to tell me the truth before I kill you myself.” – Maia Roberts
- “As far as we’ve come, I suppose the art of communication is still a work in progress.” – Magnus Bane.